Tuesday, July 17, 2007

MediLexicon Toolbar Update

As I age, I wander the Internet more and tend to take paths wherever they lead me. In this case, I found an updated version of the MediLexicon Toolbar that I have written about previously. This is version 2.0 and has added features and customizable aspects. It is available for either Internet Explorer or FireFox, and retains its built-in uninstall button. It includes medical news, including mental health topics, and has added to the reference databases it can search for answers to your questions

I am an inveterate toolbar collector and could probably fill my entire monitor screen with them, leaving only an inch or so at the bottom for actual website content. There is an easy way to display only the toolbars you want during any session when using IE, however. Simply right click on any empty space in the toolbar section at the top of the screen, and a menu of your installed toolbars will appear with check marks at the left of the active ones. Just check or uncheck the bars you wish to appear, and you can once again view most of your screen. I hate to admit that I accidentally discovered this feature less than a year ago.

Several other free programs have been discovered or updated and will be reported upon in future posts.

Peace, Doc

Copyright © 2007, Thomas A. Blood, Ph.D.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bruce Judson said...

As a toolbar user and "collector," I thought you and your readers might want to know that we have recently launched Toolbar Station (http://www.ToolbarStation.com), the world's first directory of useful toolbars.

We encourage toolbar users to visit and browse: Toolbar owners can receive a free listing by submitting thier toolbars.

Bruce Judson
Founder, Toolbar Station

July 18, 2007 2:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I thank Mr. Judson for his contribution. I would, however, state that I have not tested any of the toolbars he has offered for malware or compatibility with any operating systems or other programs.

Peace, Doc

July 19, 2007 8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home