Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Moving Forward, Looking Back

Salutations, faithful readers (both of you.) I have not written to my blogs for several weeks because I have signed a contract to sell my house and I elected to do all the realtor/broker work on my own with the help of my attorney to tell me when I have just done something stupid. This, along with the facts that I have nobody to help sort what to keep, sell, donate, store, or aim towards a landfill, to lift heavy objects alone, and that I have no idea where I am going to live after September 14 has left me with somewhat less blogging time than usual. For this reason, I will share with you (inflict upon you?) the haiku that are reflective of my feelings about moving. It went over well, even in my primary blog, where my regular readers are known to have thrown rotten cyber-tomatoes when I post a haiku. One of my severest critics even wrote that she liked it. I think she just feels sorry for me.
Organization
Possessions and memories
Safely locked away

Pictures of Annie
Boomer’s ashes in a can
Packed, ready to move

Box of Gone fuller
Never too much to carry
Full becomes empty
I shall soon return to blogging for the private practice mental health community for whom I generally write. This will occur when my daughter and my two cats feel I am settled down enough to do so. The cats won't care, anyway, as I often find one standing on my chest at 3:30 a.m. Thankfully, Firstborn does not live with me nor is she given to standing on chests.
Peace, Doc
Copyright © 2007, Thomas A. Blood, Ph.D.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home